Dillard Door: A Great Place To Work.
“We do what we promise – and do it right.” It’s more than a slogan – it’s a way of life here. If you’re ready to work for the best company of its kind in Memphis, send us a job resume by reading and following the instructions below.
To apply for a job, follow these steps:
1.) Type a resume that includes your name, phone number, address and a list of jobs you’ve worked (including company name, supervisor’s name and phone number, and what you did).
2.) Complete the online application at the bottom of this page and attach your resume.
You can also mail your resume to:
Dillard Door Employment
788 East St
Memphis, TN 38104
3.) Please wait, and we’ll call you.
If you’ve already sent a resume and would like to apply for a new job listing, contact us. In the Questions or Comments field, please mention that you’ve already sent your resume, include your name, phone numbers and street address, and list the job title for which you’re applying.
For all jobs, you must:
- Be drug-free
- Be eager to work
- Listen to and follow instructions
- Be cautious and work safely
- Learn quickly
- Work well with others
- Treat customers with respect
- Have a valid drivers license
Ensuring our customers are completely happy with their security solution is a top priority for us. We’ve built our business with loyal customers who know they’ll get top quality work.
Pride in Excellence
We do the job right, even details the customer won’t see. Our installers proudly sign their name on equipment they install.
Without happy and motivated workers, we can’t get the work done. That’s why we offer excellent insurance, other benefits and training programs to help employees advance.
We contribute to local non-profit organizations and provide free services, equipment and computer help.
Installation and glazing of glass. Storefront/Curtain Wall Installation. Automatic Door Installation and service. Experience in all aspects of glass and glazing from commercial installations preferred. High degree of troubleshooting skills preferred. Construction (prefer finish work): 1 year (Preferred) Education: High school or equivalent (Preferred) License: Driver’s License (Preferred)
The Estimator is responsible for all aspects of electrical estimating for the Division office, not limited to, but including, analyzing blueprints, writing proposals, consulting with clients, preparing cost and expenditure statements, and managing and scheduling labor.
Preferred Job Skills:
Active Learning, Active Listening, Critical Thinking, Learning Strategies, Mathematics, Monitoring, Reading Comprehension, Speaking, Writing, Complex Problem Solving, Negotiation, Client Coordination, Social Perceptiveness, Management of Financial, Material and Personnel Resources, Time Management, Equipment Maintenance, Equipment Selection, Installation, Operation and Control, Operation Monitoring, Operations Analysis, Programing, Quality Control Analysis.
Mandatory Hiring Requirements:
References, Background Check, Drug Screen Testing, Valid Driver s License.
- Perform all aspects of electrical estimating including composing BOMs, performing takeoffs, inputting takeoff data, submitting RFIs, and writing proposals
- Assist the senior estimator to coordinate and streamline the bid process on each individual project.
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects, or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
- Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments or construction foremen to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors.
- Review material and labor requirements to decide whether it is more cost-effective to produce or purchase components.
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project.
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors, and subcontractors as well as employees.
- Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures.
- Establish and maintain proposal process and conduct negotiations.
- Conduct special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or to effect cost reduction.
- Review estimate with division manager and project managers once contract is awarded.
- Assist in creating budgets and schedule of values once project is awarded.
Driver’s License: Valid state driver’s license as required by job conditions or by the company.
Certification: Post-Secondary or Professional Certificate Preferred. Licensable: Ability to obtain a Tennessee State Electrical Contractors License
Education: High School Graduate
Experience: Minimum of 5-years electrical experience preferred in industrial or commercial construction.
- Job requires working in all elements, depending on job location, time of year, heat, cold, rain, or snow.
- Job requires employee to have required personal tools with him at all times (waist tool belt as worn weighs approximately 30 lbs.).
- Work from all types of ladders and be able to transport/relocate ladders unassisted.
- Employees personal weight with tools cannot exceed the rated weight capacity of ladders used.
- Perform work at various heights, up to 90 feet from ladders, scaffolds, aerial lifts, cat walks and other safe work areas.
- Work in restricted areas (switch gear-room, manholes, utility tunnels and crawl spaces).
- Wear personal protective equipment as required
- Able to work 40 hours per week plus overtime as required, to include night shifts and out-of-town work if required.
Required Physical/Mental Functions:
- Positively identify colors of wire and other items as required.
- Comprehend reading of blueprints drawings, and schematics same.
- Comprehend and practice safe work procedures as outlined in Company Safety Handbook.
- Operate company truck with manual and automatic transmission.
- Read and interpret maps, instructional manuals, work site directions, and written instructions.
- Must hear and see well (either natural or with correction).
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, crawl, climb, kneel, balance, push, pull and reach overhead.
- Able to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds, with frequent lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Tolerant to prolonged standing and movement on foot.
- Climb ladders (all types).
- Repetitive use of arms, hands, and fingers.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist our employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being. In addition to a competitive base pay, we offer a variety of benefit programs.
- Health, Life, Dental, Vision Plans, Paid time off, and many more!
- 401(k) Program with a Company Match
- Employee discounts and a tool purchase, boot, uniform programs
- Apprenticeship Program and Career Progression Opportunities
Drug-Free Workplace Program Statement:
We are a TN Drug-Free Workplace and prohibit the presence of certain items and substances on project or company premises and property and prohibits project and company personnel and others from reporting to work, working or being present on project or company premises while under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs or other unauthorized substances, or with measurable quantity of alcohol, illegal drugs or other unauthorized substances present in the body. We abide by our Drug and Alcohol Abuse Policy as part of its commitment to safety and quality.
Individuals with experience in the construction business who possess a good work ethic to become skilled commercial door installers and/or technicians. Install and/or repair a wide range of commercial doors and door hardware. High School Diploma or equivalent. Able to safely lift 75 pounds over your head. Mechanical or electrical experience required. Welding experience preferred. Must possess valid driver’s license.
The Electrician Journeyman/ Apprentice participates in the installation, maintenance and repair of wiring systems and other electrical fixtures and electric or electronic equipment under the supervision of a Master Electrician or Journeyman Electrician. Participates in installing wires and cables and underground conduit and wire. Responsible for the proper maintenance of company vehicle(s), keeps daily logs, tracks daily maintenance, and daily inspections. Coursework in the electrical trades – Preferred
The Estimator/PM Intern will work with Project Managers and Estimators in order to learn the process of estimating and project management for new installation sales and/or service and repair of the commercial and industrial doors and electronic security industries. The ideal student will have an Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Management, or Construction Management major.
To install, troubleshoot and service: large metal doors (coiling, sectional, fire and personnel), to install electric operators and more. This job requires someone “able-bodied” who can use ladders, power tools and lifting equipment. Apply Below.
To install, troubleshoot and service: access control systems, burglar and fire alarms, CCTV cameras, and associated software and wiring systems. Apply Below.
To install, troubleshoot and service: sliding or swinging vehicle gates and personnel entry gates, set posts in concrete, install electric operators, do welding, run wire, etc. This is a physically demanding job. Apply Below.