Dillard Door: A Great Place To Work.
“We do what we promise – and do it right.” It’s more than a slogan – it’s a way of life here. If you’re ready to work for the best company of its kind in Memphis, send us a job resume by reading and following the instructions below.
To apply for a job, follow these steps:
1.) Type a resume that includes your name, phone number, address and a list of jobs you’ve worked (including company name, supervisor’s name and phone number, and what you did).
2.) Complete the online application at the bottom of this page and attach your resume.
You can also mail your resume to:
Dillard Door Employment
788 East St
Memphis, TN 38104
3.) Please wait, and we’ll call you.
If you’ve already sent a resume and would like to apply for a new job listing, contact us. In the Questions or Comments field, please mention that you’ve already sent your resume, include your name, phone numbers and street address, and list the job title for which you’re applying.
For all jobs, you must:
- Be drug-free
- Be eager to work
- Listen to and follow instructions
- Be cautious and work safely
- Learn quickly
- Work well with others
- Treat customers with respect
- Have a valid drivers license
Ensuring our customers are completely happy with their security solution is a top priority for us. We’ve built our business with loyal customers who know they’ll get top quality work.
Pride in Excellence
We do the job right, even details the customer won’t see. Our installers proudly sign their name on equipment they install.
Without happy and motivated workers, we can’t get the work done. That’s why we offer excellent insurance, other benefits and training programs to help employees advance.
We contribute to local non-profit organizations and provide free services, equipment and computer help.
Installation and glazing of glass. Storefront/Curtain Wall Installation. Automatic Door Installation and service. Experience in all aspects of glass and glazing from commercial installations preferred. High degree of troubleshooting skills preferred. Construction (prefer finish work): 1 year (Preferred) Education: High school or equivalent (Preferred) License: Driver’s License (Preferred)
Looking for the next step in your career? Enjoy a challenge? Do you have an ambition for innovation? Want to make a difference?
First established as a door company in the 1940s, Dillard Security Services has grown into one of the most successful security system providers in Tennessee today. In our 70-plus years of experience, we have earned a reputation for integrity, reliability and ingenuity. Simply stated, we do what we promise – and do it right.
Rather than selling “quick-fix” products, we help companies develop complete security solutions, installing everything from entrance gates to security cameras to complete Access Control Systems – anything you need to protect your assets and ensure total control of your facility.
No matter the size of your project, our goal is the same: to help secure your property, so you can focus on running your business. Our experience includes collaborating closely with property owners, architects and engineers and developing solutions for a wide range of commercial and residential applications.
Community Service is a core value at Dillard and we are proud of our long history of working with so many of Memphis’ highly respected non-profit institutions. We value our relationship with these organizations and strive to not only provide the best security available for these treasures but to give back as well.
Thanks to our vast and varied experience, we can apply our proven expertise to your project too, bringing all of our skills to bear on your unique security challenges and integrating the very best products on the market today.
The VP/General Manager – Security will contribute in a continuous and significant way to corporate decision making and the development of corporate strategies and plans. As the Security representative at a corporate executive level the individual will need to ensure the whole business unit flexibly reacts and is aligned to current business drivers, organizational initiatives and regional programs.
Craft and execute the organizational Security strategy
The VP/General Manager – Security crafts and ensures the execution of the global Security strategy within this territory that will meet the strategic objectives as outlined in the strategy. He/she will ensure that all related initiatives in relation to the strategy are executed through the management of the service unit and regional matrix structure. The General Manager – Security will lead and implement a Security strategy that will drive revenue growth in established and emerging markets taking into account the business problems that can be solved through the Dillard Security Services offering.
Operations efficiency and management
The VP/General Manager – Security will manage business operations to ensure the achievement of company goals. The individual will ensure the development of relevant policies and procedures and operating plans that will enable the achievement of the Security strategy. He/she will collaborate with other leaders on major decisions and will monitor and evaluate the performance of the business unit, taking corrective action to ensure efficient operations consistent with the overall strategic objectives, operational plans and goals and profit and loss.
This individual will ensure the ongoing development and management of the delivery of value propositions and messaging for assigned offerings and services related to the business unit. The VP/General Manager – Security will analyze the competitive landscape and identify Dillard’s competitive differentiation against key competitor organizations. He/she will drive market positioning programs and activities for the business unit and will directly support strategic deals and client engagement practices and mentor local and regional teams accordingly. This individual will drive the vision to become the storefront for new development, allowing Dillard to dominate the Security market.
VP/General Manager – Security will define and manage the execution of the go-to-market strategies and tactical plans for the business unit. The individual will determine the go-to-market program goals and benchmarks, ensuring that these are tracked and monitored. He/she will develop the go-to-market scorecard and/or dashboard and associated metrics and develop and manage the go-to-market budget for the business unit. The VP/General Manager – Security will need to mobilize specialized sales for the business unit with the ability to overlay sales teams in region.
The VP/General Manager – Security will work with the other regions and divisions to establish and manage the most appropriate structure to align to the business units’ and market requirements. The individual will provide the necessary governance and oversight to ensure that the company is achieving client and financial management goals by providing regular reviews and reporting on progress against strategic programs and projects. He/she will engage with key clients to understand their business and provide innovative solutions to address client pain points through the services we provide.
The VP/General Manager – Security will take responsibility for developing, implementing and managing the business unit’s annual budget. The individual will manage profit and loss of the business unit and ensure that the required funding to support strategic transformational projects has been considered. He/she makes decisions that could impact the business unit and organization’s profitability.
The VP/General Manager – Security acts as people manager within the business unit. The individual will ensure the full utilization of resources and provides leadership and motivates employees towards the fulfilment of the business unit and organization’s mission. He/she will contribute to the development and management processes that enable the management group function as a team. The individual will develop and maintain a viable succession plan that covers all critical management positions within the business unit.
The VP/General Manager – Security is a thought leader in the Security industry and is recognized by industry peers for out of the box thinking, knowledge and creativity. He/she demonstrates good knowledge of the Security industry, market trends, the competitive landscape and development in the technology industry. The individual is an exceptional leader and demonstrates influencing skills with the ability to add value quickly. He/she presents as purposeful, articulate and very confident with a strong understanding of multi-cultural challenges. He/she displays maturity in the work environment and is energetic and visibly passionate. He/she is a resilient self-starter, not afraid of creating internal controversy through alternative thinking and execution. The VP/General Manager – Security is an inspiring leader of people and natural mentor and coach to more junior employees.
In this position you will be required to:
- Develop corporate strategies and plans and ensure that the business unit flexibly reacts and is aligned to current business drivers, organizational initiatives and regional programs.
- Craft, implement and execute the Security strategy to drive revenue growth in established and emerging markets.
- Ensure operational efficiency and develop relevant policies, procedures and operating plan that supports the strategy.
- Develop and manage the delivery of market leading value propositions and messaging for assigned services and offerings and drive market positioning programs and activities for the business unit.
- Define and manage the execution of the go-to-market strategies and tactical plans for the business unit, determine go-to-market program goals and benchmarks and develop a go-to-market scorecard and/or dashboard and associated metrics to monitor performance.
- Perform strategic planning and tactical activities that support product growth and management and drive all new offers, enhancements and upgrades of the relevant product or product portfolio.
- Provide regular reviews and report on progress against strategic programs and projects and provide the necessary governance and oversight to ensure that Dillard is achieving client and financial management goals.
- Develop, implement and manage the business unit’s annual budget and ensure that the required funding to support strategic transformational projects has been considered.
- Effectively manage a team of senior sales and project managers, their resources, development and overall performance.
Requirements: Education, Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Management, Finance or Sales.
- MBA or similar advanced Qualification preferred
- At least 8 years’ experience in Commercial Security (Access Control, CCTV, Intrusion) or relevant field
- Demonstrated track record of +5 years’ leadership and management experience to include business development, operations, people and budgets
- Proven experience in sales and client engagement
Skills and knowledge
- Possess solid knowledge on market trends, the competitive landscape and development in the technology and global security industry
- Possess a strong understanding of multi-cultural challenges
- Display exceptional, proven creativity in positioning the company’s services to enterprise clients
- Experience in developing profitable strategies and implementing vision.
- Demonstrate problem analysis and solution formulation skills
- Demonstrate innovative and creative thinking
- Possess the ability to operate and build a business in a matrix model
- Display good verbal and written communication ability
- Display resilience and the ability to cope with pressure
- Possess the ability collaborate and work with key senior internal and external stakeholders, including technology and go-to-market partnerships
- Display exceptional leadership and influencing skills with the ability to add value quickly
- The individual should be an inspiring leader of people and possess a natural ability to mentor and coach to more junior employees
The Dillard Companies are Equal Opportunity Employer and participate in TN Drug-Free Workplace
Base Salary Range: 65-75K DOE
Bonus: Calculated (Net profit %) and Performance based (Discretionary)
Company Benefits Provided:
- Laptop Computer
- Cell Phone
- Company Vehicle (after trial period)
- Gas card (deduct $0.20 per mile per day for mileage to and from home to office)
- Expense account w/ Credit Card
- Company subsidized Medical Insurance and other optional coverages
- Tuition reimbursement, Charity Partner programs
- Various charge and payroll deduction privileges.
401(k) Retirement Program (100% match up to 4% of earnings plus profit sharing)
Individuals with experience in the construction business who possess a good work ethic to become skilled commercial door installers and/or technicians. Install and/or repair a wide range of commercial doors and door hardware. High School Diploma or equivalent. Able to safely lift 75 pounds over your head. Mechanical or electrical experience required. Welding experience preferred. Must possess valid driver’s license.
The Electrician Journeyman/ Apprentice participates in the installation, maintenance and repair of wiring systems and other electrical fixtures and electric or electronic equipment under the supervision of a Master Electrician or Journeyman Electrician. Participates in installing wires and cables and underground conduit and wire. Responsible for the proper maintenance of company vehicle(s), keeps daily logs, tracks daily maintenance, and daily inspections. Coursework in the electrical trades – Preferred
The Estimator/PM Intern will work with Project Managers and Estimators in order to learn the process of estimating and project management for new installation sales and/or service and repair of the commercial and industrial doors and electronic security industries. The ideal student will have an Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Management, or Construction Management major.
To install, troubleshoot and service: large metal doors (coiling, sectional, fire and personnel), to install electric operators and more. This job requires someone “able-bodied” who can use ladders, power tools and lifting equipment. Apply Below.
To install, troubleshoot and service: access control systems, burglar and fire alarms, CCTV cameras, and associated software and wiring systems. Apply Below.
To install, troubleshoot and service: sliding or swinging vehicle gates and personnel entry gates, set posts in concrete, install electric operators, do welding, run wire, etc. This is a physically demanding job. Apply Below.